Traditionally an old fashioned cocktail is made with Bourbon or Rye whiskey, but our Single Barrel Reserve Gin works deliciously well in this old time classic.
Enjoying it's well deserved place in history, the old fashioned dates back to the 1800's. The name came about after numerous variations in whiskey cocktails created by enthusiastic and creative bartenders enjoyed popularity, however customers would ask for a whiskey cocktail made the 'old fashioned way'.
Doing our bit to 'muddle' the waters, our riff is indeed old fashioned but substitutes the rye or bourbon for our Single Barrel aged gin.
Even though our Single Barrel is a Gin, the added complexity courtesy of 3 years in a tawny oak barrel displays delicious accents of orange zest and candied fruit.
- 60ml Original's Barrel Aged Gin
- 1 tsp sugar (or a sugar cube)
- 1 tsp water
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange peel
- Place sugar in an 'old fashioned' glass, add bitters, water and muddle until dissolved.
- Add Original's Barrel Aged Gin and ice
- Stir well until glass is frosted
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel